Do I need a permit?
A Police Response Permit is required if your alarmed location is within the Roswell city limits. An alarm user will be fined $50 for a police dispatch to an unpermitted location and will be suspended from further police dispatches if a permit is not obtained within 30 days. An alarm company and monitoring company will be fined $250 for requesting a police dispatch to a location that is under suspended status. The Chaves County Sheriff’s Office currently does not require permits for county locations. You can download and print a Roswell City Police Response Permit and mail it to Alarm Administration
P.O. Box 1355
Roswell, NM 88202

Police Response Permit

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit?
2. What is a false alarm?
3. If I cancel the police response, am I still charged with a false alarm?
4. How do I cancel the police?
5. Do I need to register my car alarm or fire alarm?
6. My alarm system is not monitored. Do I still need a permit?
7. Is there an appeal process if I want to dispute a false alarm or fine?
8. Where can I apply for a police-response permit?
9. How long is a permit good for?