The Roswell Public Library provides free unfiltered wireless access (Personal Internet Access) in the Library for the public to use with their personal notebooks, laptops and other mobile devices. These access points are unsecured, unfiltered and accessible only during normal library hours. Use of this service inside the Library is governed by Roswell Public Library policies.
Any person connecting to wireless Internet access within the Roswell Public Library must abide by the following guidelines:
- Personal Internet Access connections are not secure. Cautious and informed users should not transmit personal information (credit card numbers, passwords and any other sensitive information) while using any wireless “hot spot” or unsecured network. Please take appropriate precautions when using this service.
- All Personal Internet Access users should have up-to-date virus protection on their devices. The Library is not responsible for any information that is compromised, or for any damage caused to hardware or software due to security issues.
- Power outlets on tables are available.
- Personal Internet Access users requiring sound must use headphones so as to not disturb others.
- Library printers are available via the Personal Internet Access connection. Use one of our Public Access computers in our computer area for printing.
- Library staff can provide general information for connecting your device to the Personal Internet Access network. Staff will not troubleshoot problems related to your device or assist in making changes to your device’s network settings and/or hardware configuration. The Library does not guarantee that your device will work with the Personal Internet Access network.
- Responsible, ethical use of this resource includes following the Roswell Public Library’s Internet Policy.
Use of the Personal Internet Access network is entirely at the risk of the user. The Library disclaims any and all liability for loss of confidential information or damages resulting from that loss, or any and all damages resulting from use of the wireless network.
It is the responsibility of all persons using the Personal Internet Access network to be familiar with this policy and the Internet Policy.