- Upon receipt of a library card the patron assumes responsibility for all items checked out on the card until the Library has been notified that the card is lost. There is no charge for replacing a library card. Parents are responsible for items checked out on their children's cards.
- Library materials, with the exception of videos and DVD’s, may be renewed two times, unless there is a hold on the material.
- A replacement fee will be charged for lost or damaged items.
- Take care of Library materials. It is important that books and magazines be preserved for everyone to use. Do not remove pages, write in or otherwise deface Library materials.
- Make arrangements for the use of the Bondurant Room in the administrative office during regular office hours or with the reference librarian when the office is closed. Arrangements should be made at least one (1) week in advance. Ask the reference librarian to open the room at the scheduled time.
- Observe the closing hours of the Library.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Library, nor within 10 feet of any entrance.
- No food or drink is permitted anywhere in the Library except in the Bondurant Room under special arrangement.
- The Library staff is here to help you, but under no circumstances are they required to tolerate abuse in language or behavior.
- Appropriate attire, including shirts and shoes, must be worn in the Library at all times.
- No pets will be allowed in the Library except seeing-eye dogs for the blind or other assistance animals.
- Maintain reasonable quiet in the Library. If you are disturbed by excessive noise, ask the reference librarian about the noise policy in the Library. There is a quiet area set aside for your convenience.
- Anyone creating a disturbance of any kind may be asked to stop by the reference librarian. Any patron refusing to comply is subject to removal by the police.
- Parents are responsible for the behavior of their children in the Library. Children in the Library without a supervising adult will be required to observe the same rules as adults. Those creating a disturbance who do not respond to correction will be required to leave. It is not acceptable to leave children unattended for an indefinite period of time. Children in the Library at closing time will be required to leave. Parents are responsible for picking up children on time.
- Soliciting, panhandling or selling items or services not authorized by the Director is not permitted in the Library or on Library grounds.
- No person shall bring on to or possess a concealed firearm on Library property unless that person has a valid conceal carry permit issued by the State of New Mexico or issued by another state and recognized by the State of New Mexico as valid. No person shall bring on to or possess a firearm on Library property who is prohibited from possessing a firearm under federal or state law. No person shall possess any of the following items on Library property: firearms (unless possession is valid under New Mexico law), any type of knife (other than pocket knives) whether or not sheathed; objects with blades such as axes or swords, or sharp pointed canes; brass knuckles; nun-chucks, chains, batons, clubs or other bludgeons; explosive or incendiary devices, or other potentially dangerous objects.
- Cell phone ring shall be changed to vibrate upon entering the Library. Cell phone conversations must be conducted outside the Library.
- Library bathrooms may not be used for bathing, washing clothes, shaving or other personal hygiene activities.