Volunteer Value Program
The City of Roswell's Volunteer Value Program allows groups or organizations to earn credit toward City facility usage fees when their members perform approved volunteer tasks for the City.
The program is tentatively scheduled to begin Jan. 1, 2023.
How it works:
- An interested group completes the Volunteer Value Group Application.
- If approved, a Volunteer Value account is created by the City Volunteer Coordinator.
- Each participating group member must complete a City of Roswell volunteer application and be cleared for service. Volunteers must be 18 or older.
- The group applies for (or is assigned) volunteer work that fills a need for the City. Possible examples include serving as wait staff for a dinner event at the Roswell Civic Center, assisting groundskeepers with a Zoo project.
- Volunteers complete the assigned tasks/work and fill out the Volunteer Value Hours Verification form. Hours served are verified by department staff.
- At $25 per verified hour, the group receives Volunteer Value Credit. Credit is NOT assigned to individuals.
- When the group later requests use of a city facility or property, it also may file a Request to Redeem Volunteer Value Credit form. If approved, earned credit defrays eligible facility costs (see full policy for eligible facility costs). The group is responsible for any remaining balance. Volunteer Value Credit must be used no later than 12 months after the end of the calendar year in which the credit was earned (i.e. any Volunteer Value Credit earned at any point in 2023 must be used by the end of 2024).
- Individuals can apply to participate and earn Volunteer Value Credit for a participating group. Individuals must:
- Complete a City of Roswell volunteer application and be cleared for service.
- Complete an Individual Volunteer Value Application.
- Apply for or be assigned volunteer work filling a City need.
- Along with respective City staff, complete the Volunteer Value Hours Verification form.
- Complete an Individual Hours Donation Request.
Download the Volunteer Value Program Guidelines for more information. The guideline document includes all of the forms referenced above, plus the policy and a list of eligible events.