Visiting the Zoo
Zoo admission rates
- Adults (16 and older): Roswell residents $5; non-residents $10
- Children (4-15): Roswell residents $2.50; non-residents $3.50
- Students (16 and older), Seniors (60 and older), Active Military, Veterans: $3
- Free admission opportunities
- Friends of Spring River Zoo members (Browse membership options)
- The first Saturday of each month (for Roswell residents)
- Children 3 and under
- Seniors (60+) every Friday
- Spring River Zoo Day (July 31)
All of our critters are excited to see you! Please be aware of the following before your visit:
- We are only accepting credit/debit card payments for admission. No cash payments will be accepted at this time.
- No outside food (exceptions for infant formula and bottled water).
- Do not touch, pet or feed the animals.
- Check out our awesome gift shop for the latest Spring River Zoo merchandise.
- Last ticketed entrance is at 3 p.m.
- The park adjacent to the zoo is open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. No arrivals after 3 p.m., please.
We're not asking for golden rings, partridges or pear trees. But our Zoo residents do need various enrichment items, and you can help.
Over 12 days in December (2-4, 9-11, 16-21), we will feature a specific animal each day. Anybody who donates an item for that animal receives one free admission to the Zoo to watch the animal receive its item (or admission on another day). Gift giving time will be 2 p.m. each day. We'll also serve up hot chocolate during the event Dec. 3, Dec. 10 and Dec. 16-21.
Check out our dedicated page for information on featured animals and suggested donations. We have a wishlist for each category of animals, but we'll also accept gift cards and Paypal donations.
Spring River Zoo will be closed Nov. 24 for Thanksgiving, Dec. 24-25 for the Christmas holiday and Jan. 1 for New Years Day.
PreKritters, a program for children ages 3-5, is being held on the third Friday of every month. We'll have an animal-themed story and craft hour from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Each PreKritters will also include an encounter with one of our educational animals. Cost is $12.60 per child; that price includes tax and admission for the child and one parent (additional tickets may be purchased at the gate). Sign up for the Nov. 18 program at Roswell Connect.
Keeper Chats are back at the Zoo. The chats will take place at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays. Topics and locations will be shared by Zoo staff on the day of the chat. The program is included with your general admission.
Butterfly garden opens: Zoo supporters, along with Mayor Tim Jennings and Director John Wright, cut the ribbon on the Butterfly Garden May 5. The Butterfly Garden opened May 7 to the public. The exhibit repurposes a decades-dormant aviary exhibit and teaches about butterflies and the role of native plants in providing habitats.
Zoo Year in Review
There were many activities and improvements at Spring River Zoo in 2021! Take a look at the zoo's Year in Review Report