The Library is always open to volunteers who may help with daily tasks and needs of the Library departments.
Volunteer tasks may include:
- Shelf and organize library materials
- Pull books for displays, programs, etc
- Keep public and desk areas organized
- Assist in preparation for Children's programs
- Help out with special programs
- Perform clerical projects such as filing or typing
- Tend to library pets and plants
- Refer reference questions to library staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
Some volunteer positions in the library have job duties that require knowledge of alphabetical filing rules and the Dewey Decimal System for pulling/organizing books on the shelves. Volunteers may also be required to lift, bend, stoop, or reach above your head.
For more information, please contact the library's Volunteer Coordinator at the library at (575) 622-7101, or stop by the library to fill out a volunteer application during library hours.