Any resident or property owner of Chaves County may apply and receive a library card by meeting the following guidelines:
- Have a clear record in respect to fines from overdues, lost books, etc.
- Be able to establish identity and verify current address by furnishing proper identification.
- Proof of identity may be any of the following
- Roswell Public Library card
- Valid driver's license
- Car or voter's registration
- Organizational membership card
- Military identification
- Known by staff member (KBS)
- Proof of address may be a utility bill, rent receipt, printed checks or letter addressed to the applicant and cancelled within the last month at the post office, or any of the above proof of identity which shows his current address.
- Children under the age of 14 must have a parent or legal guardian sign the application and show proof of address
- Applications for students on school tours will be processed under the following conditions
- Application is signed by parents
- Teacher/School verifies address
Outside Chaves County
Individuals who live outside of Chaves County, but have a valid card from their New Mexico Community library, are also eligible and may apply for a free card from the Roswell Public Library.
In addition to the previously mentioned guidelines, please become familiar with the checkout privileges.